Wednesday 7 November 2012

Full time job

I was surprised, at a debate the other day, to be asked whether I would do the Police and Crime Commissioner job as a full - time role.

To be honest I hadn't realised that anyone would think it was anything but.

Looking at the rules however, I can see that there are provisions for people to do the work part-time.

I want to be absolutely clear about this.  If I am elected I will be a full- time Police and Crime Commissioner.

In fact, given what I have said about surgeries and meetings, I suspect I would be a more than full time PCC.

This is not to say that there aren't other elected positions that can be combined with working. I believe quite strongly that local Councillors should also do other things for example.

But there is no way anyone could be Police and Crime Commissioner without committing to it full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment